Monday, February 6, 2012

Preschool

The big day came for Olivia.  We have been counting down the sleeps until preschool for some time.

I have been worried about Olivia beginning preschool because she does not really go anywhere without me or her sisters.  She's happy to go to her Aunty's or my parent's but that is about it.  I have been gearing up for tears but reassuring her that she would have so much fun and make new friends.  I've been telling her that mums and dads are not allowed to go to preschool and that she will need to say goodbye.  We've been telling her what a big girl she is and how big girls say goodbye and wave to their mums and dads.

I woke up early and got everything prepared then woke Olivia up as late as possible.  She was very happy that the day had come.  I asked her if she knew what today was.  She said it's tomorrow, ha!

We were ready fairly early and took some traditional pictures.  Her older sisters were not so cooperative so I was getting a wee bit cranky!  It's supposed to go so smoothly and just the way I envisioned!


We walked to school and met Josh who drove.  We then went inside and did some puzzles.  When it came time to say goodbye Olivia had moved to the home corner.  She was happily playing there.  We said goodbye and that was it.  No tears, nothing!


We watched for a little longer through the window.  I could tell by the look on her face that she was nervous.  She found her cousin and sat next to him, he seemed happy to have her there too.

I can't stop wondering how she and her cousin are going today.  I don't want to be a nag and ring up to check, but I'm looking forward to 3.15!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...